Oh My Blog: A look at holidays from Lynette from Reclusive Fox
This is Oh My Blog: A monthly blogging series that allows you to meet a fellow blogger and get their opinions on a whole host of topics. Since its July, there’s no better time to start talking about holidays, sunshine and getaways and this month, it’s the turn of Lynette from Reclusive Fox.
- Summer is here! Are you going (or have you been) anywhere nice this year?
Not going anywhere, we’re staying local.
- Where is your favourite Summer holiday destination?
I love Cornwall, St.Ives in particular. It’s a beautiful and inspiring place.
- Do you prefer to spend your summer abroad or in the UK?
In the UK. I am not a fan of travelling so staying in the UK suits me. I also think there are so many beautiful places on this little island.
- Any holiday horror stories to report?
My mum caught me sneaking back in one morning when we were in Tenerife….Ha ha! No, nothing horrific has happened to us on holiday.
- If you do go on holiday, are you a “sit by the pool all day” kind or person, or a “we need to get out and explore” kind of tourist?
A mixture of both. I like to spend the mornings relaxing and splashing in the pool but the afternoon and evenings out exploring.
- Please help settle an argument. What is the earliest acceptable time to have a pre-holiday pint in the airport pub?
I wouldn’t have one myself but I think anything around lunch time and thereafter is fine. I couldn’t imagine drinking early in the morning, I’d get ill!
- How are you with flying? Love it, hate it or a bit nonplussed by it all?
I hate it, the pressure in my ears is always too much for me to handle, which is why I avoid it like the plague. I’m like Mr. T, you’d have to drug my milk to get me on a plane.
- What has been your favourite holiday that you’ve ever been on?
We used to go to a hotel in Torquay with my parents when I was in my teens (the same hotel, every year). The hotel was beautiful and we always made loads of friends. Those were probably my favourite holidays.
- Where would you absolutely love to go, that you haven’t been yet?
If I was okay with travelling I would love to visit Alaska.
- What is your favourite summer holiday memory from when you were a kid?
Hanging out with new friends was always a highlight. We’d get so close in such a short space of time. I made a close friend one year (we’re still friends almost 30 years later) and just laughing our heads off together at nothing in particular have to be my best memories.
- What is the first song on your summer anthems playlist?
Smooth by Santana featuring Rob Thomas
- Camping (be it in the wilderness or in your back garden when you were a kid). Your thoughts?
Love camping, spent lots of time camping in the back garden and actual camping a few times. I’d love to go again but I’d have to have a comfortable bed. I guess I’m more into glamping.
- Do you tan easily, or are you a brilliant shade of toothpaste white wherever you go?
As a child, I would tan beautifully and never burn (horrible to think of the time I spent in the sun with no protection). I now take a very long time to tan but I still go a nice colour. It’s the only time I look healthy!
- What attraction or event would you recommend people go to this summer?
I think it’s very important to support local events and attractions. We are going to MappFest, a local rock festival that takes place on our common that raises money for good causes.
- Finally, let us have your best tip for a stress-free holiday?
Prepare for a very easy week on your return. Don’t leave any loose ends, take care of everything and get ahead at work so your first week back is as easy as possible.
If you’ve enjoyed this post, be sure to check out more from Lynette over on her blog and social media channels!
Blog URL: http://reclusivefox.com