Oh My Blog! Meet Laura from Five Little Doves
This is Oh My Blog! A brand new monthly interview series featuring a whole host of fellow bloggers. Each month, we’ll be bringing you different themed posts showcasing the very best bloggers out there. This month, the questions are based on the fitting February topic of love!
This month, we’re meeting Laura from Five Little Doves.
- Tell us about yourself and your blog.
My name is Laura, Mum of five, wife of one, living in Lancashire blogging about the things, people and places we love. I write a lot about the ups and downs of parenting, mental health, chronic illness, miscarriage and stillbirth. My blog is an amazing form of therapy, the perfect way to document our lives as the children grow and something that has given us so many wonderful opportunities as a family.
- What is your current relationship status?
Married, twice over!
- Do you ever celebrate Valentine’s’ Day?
We send cards and acknowledge the date but we don’t celebrate it as such.
- It’s your first date! Where do you go?
Our first date was in Manchester, a meal at Grill on the Alley followed by drinks, ending with us battling it out at Super Mario Kart on my sons Nintendo Wii!
- What’s the most romantic thing anyone has ever done for you?
I think one of the most romantic things was when my husband wrote me a poem for our first year anniversary (paper). He had rolled the paper into a scroll and fastened it with the ribbon from our wedding flowers. It was really lovely!
- What is your favourite romantic film? Cheesier the better.
The Notebook! I LOVE it. “If you’re a bird, I’m a bird…..”
- Spill the beans! Who’s your celebrity crush?
Very popular choice I’m sure but I would say David Beckham. Not only is he gorgeous but he comes across as a really lovely person. I love the way that he speaks about his children, I find that really attractive.
- Flowers are pretty popular at this time of year. Do you like receiving them or do they really not float your boat?
I’d rather have chocolate over flowers! I’m allergic to pollen so have to be careful with flowers anyway. Give me a bar of Cadburys instead!
- Do you have children? Do you want any (or any more)?
Yes I do, I have five children! Lewis who is 12, Eva 4, Megan 3, Harrison 2 and Joseph who would have been 10 years old. My pregnancies were all very high risk, and after three babies in two years my body was done. My husband had the snip after our fifth but I do sometimes joke that he should get it reversed!
- What would be (or was) your choice of song for your first dance at your wedding?
We had Ed Sheeran, Kiss me. It’s such a beautiful song and will always remind me of our wedding day.
- Do you have any plans yet for Valentine’s Day 2017?
No, it will just be a normal day other than exchanging cards and me jokingly going through the annual routine of pretending that I am angry that I didn’t get a present!
- Raw oysters are pretty famous for being an aphrodisiac. Have you ever tried them?
No! I hate seafood, just the thought of them turns my stomach! Plus I heard that they taste like sea water? How is that appetising?
- Imagining money’s no object, where would you go for a romantic getaway?
Definitely somewhere hot and sunny like Mauritius or the Maldives. That would be amazing, lay on the beach, sipping cocktails….*sigh*…..
- What’s the best Valentine’s gift you’ve ever received?
I don’t think I’ve ever really had a decent Valentines present! I feel a little bit cheated by that! My boyfriend at primary school bought me a three pack of Walnut Whips though, he had made his own wrapping paper too bless him. Now that’s romance!
- Finally, what is the number one most important thing you value in a relationship.
Trust. It takes me a long time to give my trust away, mainly due to previous relationships where my trust was betrayed, and I think without trust there is nothing.
If you want to check out more of Laura and her little doves, head over to her awesome blog and be sure to follow her on social media!